I started painting the inside of the compartments that will be closed soon.
I started with the frontmost compartment. After the first brush strokes I realised that was not very clever because I can’t do all compartments in one go: where do I stand while painting the last one?! I will do the last one next time…
The angles of the battens are all correct, the panels fit nicely.
I will not glue the panels in just yet. I have to decide how I want to do the windows first. I don’t know yet if I will make them myself with plexiglass or if I will buy ready-made windows. Speeking of decisions: I think I found a good place for my bilge pump.
Done with filling! I just have to round the edges. It took a long time but I’m really happy with the result.
Next step will be a layer of epoxy. As a test I started painting at the bow. I added a little color to the epoxy. It’s to make sure I cover everything and I don’t sand too deep (yes, this layer has to be sanded as well…)
I’m still sanding… After adding filler for the third time I’m finally getting to the desired shape.
I now have the right tool for the job. You absolutely need a long sander. This one is 400x70mm. It’s much faster and gives a more even surface. Should have bought it two months ago, would have saved me a lot of time…